There are occasions when a person's freedom will need to be restricted. This is usually when they are unable to make a decision about their care because they lack the mental capacity to do so. A decision to deprive a person of their liberty will only happen when there is no other alternative, and is made to secure a person's wellbeing.
For more information please visit the North Somerset Council website.
- Mental Capacity Act Code of Practice
- Care and support Statutory guidance – Care Act 2014
- Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards Forms
- NSSAB13a MCA DoLS Local Practice Guidelines (2014)
- NSSAB13b MCA DoLS Local Practice Guidelines - Best Interest Pro-Forma (Oct 2014)
- NSSAB13c MCA DoLS Local Practice Guilelines - Capacity Pro-Forma (Oct 2014)