National policies and guidance documents
South West Child Protection Procedures:
North Somerset is one of the 12 Local Safeguarding Children Boards that make up the South West consortia* that have developed the Southwest Child Protection Procedures (in conjunction with Tri.x).
Each board has its own site, which provides a ‘gateway’ to the shared consortium procedures, with the facility to house information specific to individual boards avoiding confusion for users. Materials will be updated twice yearly to ensure all guidance remains a current and relevant for practitioners.
*North Somerset; Devon; Plymouth; Cornwall; Torbay; Somerset; South Gloucestershire; Wiltshire; Bath and North East Somerset; Swindon; Gloucestershire and Bristol LSCBs.
Alongside the overarching Southwest Child Protection Procedures, there are local practice guidance and protocols which compliment them.
- NSPCC – Multi-Faith Safeguarding Hub
- NSPCC – Spotlight on online abuse: NSPCC helplines: responding to adult’s and children’s concerns about sexual abuse online
- NSPCC – Spotlight on online abuse: A review of the research on children who display harmful sexual behaviour online
- NSPCC – Online Safety
- Threshold Criteria
- NSSCB003 Allegations Policy
- NSSCB004 Children Missing from Home, Care and Education 2016-2019
- NSSCB006 Multi-agency Guidance for Injuries in Non-Mobile Babies
- NSSCB006 Keeping Babies Safe: Leaflet
- NSSCB007 Neglect Strategy 2016 to 2018
- NSSCB007 Neglect Toolkit
- NSSCB007 Neglect Toolkit Summary Score Sheet
- NSSCB007 Practice Guidance for Social Workers
- NSSCB007 Practice Guidance for Early Help Practitioners
- NSSCB008 Social Networking Policy 2017
- NSSCB009 Training, Learning, Improvement and Development Strategy
- NSSCB010 Concerns about Femal Genital Mutilation 2017
- NSSCB014 Expected Baby Protocol