There are occasions when a person's freedom will need to be restricted. This is usually when they are unable to make a decision about their care because they lack the mental capacity to do so. A decision to deprive a person of their liberty will only happen when there is no other alternative, and is made to secure a person's wellbeing.
For more information please visit the North Somerset Council website.
Covid-19 specific capacity assessment:
- Mental Capacity Act Code of Practice
- Care and support Statutory guidance – Care Act 2014
- Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards Forms
- NSSAB13a MCA DoLS Local Practice Guidelines (2014)
- NSSAB13b MCA DoLS Local Practice Guidelines - Best Interest Pro-Forma (Oct 2014)
- NSSAB13c MCA DoLS Local Practice Guilelines - Capacity Pro-Forma (Oct 2014)
The South West Regional Stop Adult Abuse Week 2019 which took place in June focused on Mental Capacity. The following leaflets and myth busting posters are available to download: