There are nine sub-groups which report to the LSCB. These are as follows:
1. Child Death Overview Panel (CDOP):
The death of every child is a tragedy, and since April 2008 there has been a legal requirement for every Local Safeguarding Children Board to review all child deaths to see whether we can learn lessons in order to improve the health, safety and well-being of children. This process, which takes place at the Child Death Overview Panel (CDOP) applies to all children and involves professionals who have been involved with a child’s care.
The purpose of the review is to:
- Reduce the number of childhood deaths
- Identify matters of concern affecting the safety and welfare of children
- Identify wider public health or safety concerns arising from a particular death or from a pattern of deaths
- Undertake a co-ordinated agency response to all unexpected deaths of children
- Notification of a child death to the LSCB
Any agency becoming aware of:
- a child death occurring in North Somerset
- a death of a normally resident North Somerset child occurring elsewhere
should make a notification using the Form A – Notification of a Child Death to the CDOP: email: [email protected]; phone: 0117 342 5277.
CDOP produce an annual report which is available to download from the following page: http://Other Partner Organisations Annual Reports
The Board's other sub-groups are as follows:
2. Communications: This is a joint sub-group with the LSAB.
3. Early Help (terms of reference below)
4. Learning and Development (terms of reference below)
5. Policy and Procedures
6. Quality & Performance (terms of reference below)
7. Tackling Exploitation and Missing: This is a joint sub-group with the LSAB (terms of reference below)
8. SCR Panel
9. Young People